+ What time is your worship service?
Our service is at 10:00 AM. Services usually last about an hour and fifteen minutes.
+ Where are you located? Where do I park?
1051 State Road, West Tisbury, 02575, on the corner of State Road and Music Street, between Alley’s General Store and Town Hall. For directions and parking information, click here.
+ When should I arrive?
People start to gather around 9:45 AM.
+ Are children welcomed in worship?
Absolutely! Children begin the service with their parents and leave the sanctuary following the Thought for the Children to attend Sunday School in the parish hall. However, if they feel more comfortable remaining in the service with their parents they are always welcome to do so. We honor either choice and encourage parents and young people to decide which option feels best for you and your family. Infant care is also available. We encourage our older youth to remain with their parents in the sanctuary, but they are always welcome in Sunday School as helpers. Children’s bulletins are available from the ushers. For more information about our programs for children and youth, click here.
+ What do I wear?
Come as you are! Some of us like to dress up and others wear casual clothes to church. It is most important that you feel comfortable.
+ Will I be comfortable?
The sanctuary is air conditioned in the summer.
+ Can I take communion?
Communion is open to all who attend services, including children. We celebrate Holy Communion on the first Sunday of each month and during special services throughout the year. For more information, click here.
+ Is the church accessible?
- Yes! If you or a family member have special mobility needs, we would like to help make your visit as easy as possible. Feel free to contact the church office for more information about parking, accessibility within our building or any other questions that will help you plan your visit.
- A ramp is located on the right side of the church which leads to the parish hall and the sanctuary. There is space in front of the pews on the left side of the sanctuary for wheel chairs.
- We have headphones for worshipers who are hearing impaired.
- Large-print bulletins and hymnals are available for those who are sight impaired. Please ask an usher for assistance.
+ My family would not necessarily be defined as "traditional." Is that a problem?
As an Open and Affirming church, we welcome and embrace with affirmation all persons of every age, race, culture, marital status and family structure, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, political affiliation, physical and mental ability, economic and social status and religious background, including non-believers and seekers.
+ I have never read the Bible. Will I be lost?
It's doubtful that you will be lost. Most people have not read the Bible from cover to cover. Many have never read it at all. A few are experts. Most of us are somewhere in between. We all have more to learn. Our worship service strives to be mindful of the first time visitor, the unchurched, and the vulnerable.
+ Do you offer adult education opportunities?
Study groups, book groups, and other spiritual growth opportunities are offered at various times during the year. For more information, click here.
+ What about membership?
You do not need to be a member to participate in the life of this church. We welcome you, and hope that this church will be for all a place of spiritual nourishment and community. For more information, click here.
+ How we communicate:
Web-based communications include:
- Periodic E-Blasts to inform you of special events.
- UCC Stillspeaking Daily Devotional to your inbox every morning. Sign up here.
- We also have a Facebook page. We invite you to like us.
- Emails during emergency situations such as snowstorms to advise you of event or worship cancellations.
If you do not use email or own a computer, we are happy to accommodate you with:
- Monday morning mailings containing Sunday’s bulletin and a copy of the minister’s sermon.
- Phone calls during emergency situations such as snowstorms to advise you of event or worship service cancellations.
+ How can I get more information?
- If you would like more information before or after you visit us, please call or email the office at 508-693-2942 or email@example.com
- If you choose to join us for worship, look for a pew pad in the pews. Fill out your information and we will contact you. Please make yourself known to an usher or the minister, as well, so that we can extend a more personal welcome!
- Join us for coffee hour in the parish hall after church and talk to anyone there about our church community. They'd be happy to share their experience, answer questions, or point you in the right direction.